Swinburne can grant you exemptions (where a student is not required to complete a certain subject(s) / modules(s) within a course due to the formal recognition of prior study already completed) or credits based upon your previous study and/or experience. This is also known as advanced standing (where a student is able to gain credit for subjects in a course through recognition of completed prior studies), and it means your course duration may be shorter as a result.
How to apply
To apply for exemptions, you need to submit certified copies of:
- your academic transcripts together with the grading system – please submit individual transcripts, not a summary
- evidence of completion i.e. awards and certificates
- your previous course syllabus and subject details
- other certificates or awards gained which may count towards exemptions
- verifiable documentation of previous work experience from your employer/s.
Please ensure you tick the box on your application form to signify you are applying for exemptions.