BiographyDr Ee Yaw Seng is a Lecturer in Marketing and Management with the Faculty of Business, Design & Arts. His teaching focuses on the areas of strategic management, strategic marketing management and planning, final-year projects and services marketing. Dr Ee’s research interests encompass the marketing discipline and more specifically, online and word-of-mouth marketing.
Research InterestOnline hotel room booking in the tourism industry
Teaching AreasStrategic Marketing Management and Planning; Business Strategy; Services Marketing; Product & Service Innovation Management; Advanced Innovative Business Practice; Fundamental of Marketing.
Training and ConsultancyProject Title: Local Community Awareness and Intention to Participate in Responsible Tourism Initiatives in Sarawak. September 2022. By Sarawak Tourism Board. (Completed)
Project Title: Sarawak International Dragon Boat Regatta (SIDBR) and Sarawak Regatta (SR) Industry Player Survey 2017. By Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture, Youth and Sports Sarawak. (Completed)
- Journal Article: Lim, WM, Chin, MWC., Ee, YS, Fung, CY, Giang, CS, Heng, KS, Kong, MLF, Lim, ASS., Lim, BCY, Lim, RTH, Lim, TY, Ling, CC, Mandrinos, S, Nwobodo, S, Phang, C, Su, C, She, L, Sim, CH, Su, SI, Wee, GWE, & Weissmann, MA 2022, ‘What is at stake in a war? A prospective evaluation of the Ukraine and Russia conflict for business and society’, Global Business and Organizational Excellence, 1–14. https://doi.org/10.1002/joe.22162
- Journal Article: Gupta, G, Tan, KTL, Ee, YS, & Phang, CSC 2018, ‘Resource-Based View of Information Systems: Sustainable and Transient Competitive Advantage Perspectives’, Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 22. Available at: https://journal.acs.org.au/index.php/ajis/article/view/1657
- Journal Article: Namvar, M, Cybulski, JL, Phang, CSC, Ee, YS, & Tan, KTL 2018, ‘Simplifying Sensemaking: Concept, Process, Strengths, Shortcomings, and Ways Forward for Information Systems in Contemporary Business Environments’, Australasian Journal of Information Systems, 22. Available at: https://journal.acs.org.au/index.php/ajis/article/view/1654
- Journal Article: Muniapan, B & Ee, Y S 2010,’Confucianism Values for Transformational Leadership Development in the Chinese Context’, International Journal of Asian Business and Information Management, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 10-22.
- Conference Proceeding: Lau, WK and Ee, YS 2022, September, The solution for infertile converted rocky land in Bengoh Resettlement Area – Hydroponic farming method. Paper presented at Congress on Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security (COSAFS2022), Universiti Putra Malaysia Bintulu Sarawak Campus and the Ministry of Modernization of Agriculture, Native Land and Regional Development Sarawak (MANRED) 2022, in Kuching on September 21-24, 2022.
- Conference Proceeding: Ngui, KS, Voon, ML, Ee, YS & Lim, EAL 2008, ‘Relationships between Large Shareholders, Board Governance Structure and Firm Performance: A Study on Malaysian Public-Listed Firms’, Proceedings of the Malaysian Finance Association 10th Annual Conference, Malaysian Finance Association, Sarawak, Malaysia, ISBN: 978-983-9257-89-2, pp. 35-44.
- Conference Proceeding: Ngui, KS, Voon, ML & Ee, YS 2008, ‘Building the organizational learning capability of small and medium sized enterprises’, in BH Voon, K Singh & AMN Wong (eds), The small and medium enterprises in Sarawak: strategies to enhance its competitiveness, UPENA, Shah Alam.
- Conference Proceeding: Lim, R & Ee, YS 2011 “Virtual Goods in Social Games: An Exploratory Study of Factors that Drive Purchase of In-Game Items,” Proceedings of The Ninth International Conference on e-Business 2010 pp. 1-7. Available at: http://tar.thailis.or.th/handle/123456789/362
- Conference Proceeding: Ee Y. S. 2016 Modelling Travellers’ Online Information Seeking Behaviour in the Hotel Booking Process. Paper presented at The First Business and Management Conference 2016, New Era College, Malaysia, 8 – 9 December 2016.