- AASB: Australian Accounting Standards Board (Open Access) Searchable official web site of The Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB), which is responsible for setting accounting standards for both the private and public sectors in Australia.
- American Institute of Mathematics : open Maths textbooks (Open Access) Open access maths textbooks approved by the American Institute of Mathematics
- BCcampus OpenEd (Open Access) Open education resources (including open textbooks) with permission granted by their creators to allow other educators to use, distribute, keep, or make changes to them.
- BioMed Central(Open Access)Full text peer-reviewed journals covering biology, medicine and health.
BioLab Collective (Open Access) Channel showcases the skills and techniques scientists use every day in the lab. It walks through the theory, demonstrates the techniques, and explains how this training can lead to breakthroughs in scientific research.
- College open textbooks (Open Access) Open textbook collaborative (US community colleges)
- CORE : The world’s largest collection of open access research papers (Open Access) The world’s largest aggregator of open access research papers, CORE harvests research papers from such as institutional and subject repositories, and open access and hybrid journals.
- Creative Commons : Open Science (Open Access) Freely available research data, lab notes and other research processes.
- Creative Commons (CC) search (Open Access) CC search provides access to over 300 million openly licensed and public domain images available for reuse.
- DART-Europe e-theses portal (Open Access) Collection of open access research theses from 619 Universities in 28 European countries.
- Digital Commons Network (Open Access) Over 3.6 million free, full-text scholarly journal articles, book chapters, dissertations, working papers, conference proceedings, and other original scholarly work from more than 600 universities and colleges worldwide.
- DOAB : directory of open access books (Open Access) A discovery service for peer reviewed books published under an Open Access license. DOAB provides a searchable index to the information about these books, with links to the full texts of the publications at the publisher’s website or repository.
- DOAJ : directory of open access journals (Open Access) Full text open access scholarly journals in all subject areas.
- EThOS : e-theses online service (Open Access) Collection of over 500,000 British doctoral research theses.
- Federal Register of Legislation (Open Access)The authorised website for Commonwealth legislation. Includes Acts and Regulations (in force, point-in-time and as made) as well as Bills and Explanatory Memoranda (EMs) (1996-).
- GALILEO Open Learning Materials (Open Access) GALILEO Open Learning Materials brings together open educational resources throughout the University System of Georgia, including open textbooks and ancillary materials. Most works hosted in GALILEO Open Learning Materials have a Creative Commons license, allowing the reuse, redistribution, remix, and revision of these materials.
- Lens.org : Solving the problem of problem solving (Open Access)Search granted patents and applications from the US, Europe, Australia, and beyond. Full-text available as HTML and/or PDF.
- Library of Congress: Free to Use and Reuse Sets (Open Access) Items from digital collections of the U.S. Library of Congressthat are free to use and reuse
- MERLOT (Open Access) Multimedia Educational Resources for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT) is a free and open online library of over 92,000 free and open educational resources, with over 37,000 with a Creative Commons license.
- MIT OpenCourseWare (Open Access) MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of materials from over 2400 MIT courses. It includes video lectures, captions/transcript, lecture notes, assignments, problem sets with solutions, exams and solutions
- MOST Commons (Open Access) An online space designed to support faculty and staff in discovering materials, collaborating with colleagues, and contributing OER to improve curricula.
- NASA Videos (Open Access) Collection of videos for non-commercial educational use from the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Library of Medicine (Open Access) The National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.
- National Construction Code Suite (Open Access) Formerly called the Building Code of Australia (BCA). NCC volume one includes requirements for multi-residential, commercial, industrial and public buildings and structures. NCC volume two includes requirements for residential and non-habitable buildings and structures. NCC volume three includes requirements for plumbing and drainage for all classes of buildings. (Free) registration is required for access.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) (Open Access) Multidisciplinary collection of full text open access dissertations and theses from around the world.
- OER by Discipline guide (Open Access) Open Education reference of OERs listed by subject area and disciplines (McMaster University, Canada)
- OER Commons (Open Access) A public digital library of open educational resources and OER building tools.
- Open Culture (Open Access) 1,150 free movies online. The collection includes Comedy, Drama, Film Noir, Horror, Westerns, Hitchcock, Silent films, Documentaries, and Animation.
- Open Professionals Education Network (Open Access) A range of search tools to discover individual media elements, such as photos, graphics, videos, and audio, that are openly licensed and permit free education use.
- Open Textbook Initiative (Open Access) Peer reviewed open textbooks and extra materials for Australian Universities (RMIT University).
- Open Textbook Library (Open Access) Open education resources (including open textbooks), licensed by authors and publishers to be freely used and adapted (University of Minnesota US).
- OpenStax (Open Access) Open education resources including open textbooks, lecture slides and more. Peer reviewed. Openly licenced (Rice University U.S.).
- ORELN Textbook Initiative (Open Access) Peer reviewed open textbooks and extra materials for Australian Universities (RMIT University).
ParlInfo search (Open Access) Australian Commonwealth Parliamentary information including hansards, bills, senate journals, votes and proceedings, notice papers, committee reports, and the Parliamentary Handbook.
PLoS : Public Library of Science (Open Access) Full text journals in life sciences and medicine provided by the nonprofit organisation, Public Library of Science (PLOS).
Pressbooks Directory (Open Access) An index of almost 4000 open-access books published across 125 Pressbooks networks.
PubChem (Open Access)Provides information on the biological activities of small molecules. It includes substance information (more than 10 million records), compound structures (more than 5 million unique structures) and bioactivity data (more than 190 bioassays) in three searchable databases.
PubMED (Open Access) Major index of articles from the Medline database. Subject coverage: medicine, nursing and allied health, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the preclinical sciences, health administration, public health and bioengineering.
PubMedCentral (Open Access) Major index of articles from the Medline database. Subject coverage: medicine, nursing and allied health, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the preclinical sciences, health administration, public health and bioengineering.
- Research Data Australia (Open Access) Find, access, and reuse data for research from over one hundred Australian research organisations, government agencies, and cultural institutions. Site provides descriptions of, and links to, data from data publishing partners.
- Swinburne Commons (Open Access) Swinburne Commons is a database of digital media produced at Swinburne, primarily video and audio. It includes teaching and research material created by the Swinburne community, graduation videos, archival material and TV recordings. Open access resources are also available via iTunes U and YouTube.
- Swinburne Research Bank (Open Access) Swinburne Research Bank is an open access database of publications authored by Swinburne researchers. Includes journal articles, conference papers, book chapters, reports, working papers, higher-degree theses and more.
- TED : ideas worth spreading (Open Access) Short video talks, usually 18-minutes or less, covering a diverse range of topics.
- The Mason OER Metafinder (MOM) (Open Access)The Mason OER Metafinder is a real-time, federated search of 21 OER content sites. A service of Mason Publishing and University Libraries.
- The Internet Archive (Open Access) Non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
Theses Canada : e-theses online service (Open Access) Collection of over 500,000 doctoral research theses from around 70 Canadian Universities.
- Trove (Open Access) Open access database of resources relating to Australia, produced by the National Library of Australia, Australian state and territory libraries and cultural and research institutions.
- Universities Australia Learning and Teaching Repository (Open Access) Contains a collection of higher education learning and teaching materials flowing from projects funded by the Australian Government from 1994 -2018. The cross discipline and discipline specific resources are open for re-use and adaption with attribution.
VOCEDplus : NCVER research database (Open Access) VOCEDplus is the database of the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER).
- Wikibooks (Open Access)Collection of open-content textbooks.
- WikiEducator (Open Access) A collection of Open eLearning Content Repositories. The focus of the listing is to provide best practice examples.
- zbMATH (Open Access) Maths database. Subject coverage: the entire spectrum of mathematics, statistics and the information sciences with special emphasis on areas of application. Includes linked full text. 1868 to the present.