Academic OneFile (Gale)Full text multidisciplinary database. Subject coverage includes: physical and life sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, arts and humanities, business and management.
- Academic search complete (EBSCOhost)Full text multidisciplinary database. Subject coverage includes: social sciences and humanities, philosophy, psychology, law, astronomy, engineering and technology, life, physical and environmental sciences, mathematics.
- ACS publications Includes more than 30 full text journals published or co-published by the American Chemical Society.
Alexander Street PressArchive database (1982-2005) of material on Australian library and information services, the library workforce, education and training and information technology.
- ASME digital collection.Full text journals, conference proceedings and ebooks published by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Biology Science Database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage: biological chemistry, biophysics, botany, cytology and histology, environmental studies, microbiology, microscopy and zoology.
- BioMed Central (Open Access) Full text peer-reviewed journals covering biology, medicine and health.
- BMC, Research in Progress Full text peer-reviewed journals covering life and physical sciences, engineering, psychology, medicine and public health.
- Cambridge CoreFull text journals and ebooks published by Cambridge University Press covering a wide range of subject areas.
- CHEMnetBASE: chemistry database onlineEbook database. Includes: Handbook of chemistry and physics, Combined chemical dictionary, Dictionary of natural products, Dictionary of organic compounds, Dictionary of drugs, Dictionary of inorganic and organometallic compounds, Dictionary of commonly cited compounds, Dictionary of marine natural products, Dictionary of food compounds, Dictionary of carbohydrates, Polymers: a property database, Properties of organic compounds.
- DOAJ : directory of open access journals (Open Access) Full text open access scholarly journals in all subject areas.
- Ebook Central (ProQuest)Ebook database. Ebooks on a wide range of subjects from a wide range of publishers.
- ebook Collection (EBSCOhost)Ebook database. Ebooks on a wide range of subjects from a wide range of publishers.
- EBSCOhostA major database platform of over 40 databases. Subject coverage includes business and industry, management and marketing, social sciences and humanities, communication and mass media, news and current affairs, education, science and health, nursing, engineering, computing and technology, design, film and television. Includes full text.
- Gale databases Major database platform of nearly 30 databases. Subject coverage includes: business, arts and humanities, literary criticism, nursing and health, law, communications and mass media, education and science. Includes full text.
- General OneFile (Gale) Full text multidisciplinary database. Subject coverage includes: business and economics, computers and technology, education, science and health, arts and humanities, politics and social sciences.
- Google ScholarGoogle Scholar searches peer-reviewed articles and papers across all areas of research. If you are off campus, you can access Swinburne Library collections through Google Scholar: Go to Settings > Library Links > search for Swinburne, select and save. Your results will now display a Full Text at Swinburne link for articles available to you.
- GreenFILE (EBSCOhost) Full text database. Subject coverage: human impact on the environment, global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling and environmental law.
- Health & medical collection (Proquest)Full text database covering all aspects of health and medicine.
Henry Stewart TalksVideo lectures and case studies by leading industry, professional and academic experts.
IEEE XploreSubject coverage: electrical engineering and electronics, communications, computer engineering, computer science, information technology and telecommunications.
- IG PublishingIG Publishing is a spin-off company from iGroup Asia, the leading library information service provider in Asia.
- InformitA major database platform of over 80 databases on Australian and Australasian topics. Subject coverage includes politics and economics, legal, social and cultural affairs, mass media, aboriginal issues, health, family, business, engineering, agriculture, flora and fauna and environmental science. Some databases include full text.
- JoVE : Journal of visualized experimentsJoVE publishes peer-reviewed scientific video protocols. Subject coverage: biology, chemistry, neuroscience, medicine, immunology and infection, engineering and bioengineering and behaviour. The website also includes four of the JoVE science education video collections: general laboratory techniques, basic methods in cellular and molecular biology, essentials of neuroscience and essentials of analytical chemistry.
- JoVE science education : basic methods in cellular and molecular biologyStreaming video collection covering how to execute basic techniques commonly used in cellular and molecular biology
- JoVE science education : essentials of analytical chemistryStreaming video collection introducing quantitative analysis and instrumentation including electrochemistry, spectroscopy, chromatograpy and mass spectrometry.
- JoVE science education : essentials of biochemistryStreaming video collection presenting commonly used purification methods, such as affinity chromatography, as well as analytical methods, like MALDI-TOF. In addition, the videos showcase methods for assessing biomolecule interaction and function, such as co-immunoprecipitation and metabolic labeling.
- JoVE science education : essentials of biomedical engineeringStreaming video collection introducing central concepts in biomedical engineering with a focus on imaging techniques to visualise and detect medical conditions, methods to quantify biomechanical strains and computational modeling to simulate blood flow.
- JoVE science education : essentials of cell biologyStreaming video collection introducing the field of cell biology and profiling five important cellular phenomena: cell division, motility, endocytosis and exocytosis, metabolism and cell death.
- JoVE science education : essentials of environmental microbiologyStreaming video collection providing an introduction to microbial communities in the environment and their roles in ecosystems. It also explores common methods used to study environmental microbiology.
- JoVE science education : essentials of general chemistryStreaming video collection in general chemistry including basic lab techniques, commonly used equipment and exploration of the theory behind fundamental methodology in chemistry.
- JoVE science education : essentials of inorganic chemistryStreaming video collection covering a range of inorganic chemistry protocols and concepts including air-free techniques, syntheses of transition metal based compounds, core inorganic chemistry concepts like Lewis Acid and Bases, and advanced analysis techniques including EPR spectroscopy.
- JoVE science education : essentials of microbiologyStreaming video collection demonstrating the key tools of microbiological investigation, including proper sterile technique and plating, how to use selective media and enrich samples, and culturing methods for mixed or pure samples. It also covers common methods for identifying microbial isolates, and procedures for the genetic manipulation of bacteria.
- JoVE science education : essentials of neuroscienceStreaming video collection introducing the field of neuroscience and covering the five major branches of study: neurophysiology, neuroanatomy, cell and molecular neuroscience, behavioural neuroscience and developmental neuroscience.
- JoVE science education : essentials of organic chemistryStreaming video collection in organic chemistry featuring techniques routinely used in the organic chemistry lab including regulating temperature and atmosphere during chemical reactions and post-reaction refinement.
- JoVE science education : essentials of organic chemistry IIStreaming video collection covering the theory and reactions necessary to carry out syntheses on a more advanced level. In addition, a few videos introduce methods commonly used to analyze the reaction products such as infrared spectroscopy and polarimetry.
- JoVE science education : general laboratory techniquesStreaming video collection covering how to use standard pieces of laboratory equipment essential in many experiments.
- JoVE science education : geneticsStreaming video collection which focuses on genetics and incorporates five broad subdisciplines: the genetics of individuals and populations, genetics and disease, gene expression, epigenetics, and genetic engineering.
- Knovel Ebook database. Subject coverage: chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, biomedical and general engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, materials science, earth and environmental science, aviation, food science, pharmaceuticals, oil, gas and power.
- Nature Online Full text access to Nature Online, Scientific American and journals from Nature Publishing.
Oxford AcademicPublished by Oxford University Press that covers multidisciplinary subjects.
- PLoS : Public Library of Science (Open Access) Full text journals in life sciences and medicine provided by the nonprofit organisation, Public Library of Science (PLOS).
- ProQuest central A major database platform of over 35 databases. Subject coverage includes: humanities, social sciences, education, health and medicine, science and technology, business and management.
- PubChem (Open Access) Provides information on the biological activities of small molecules. It includes substance information (more than 10 million records), compound structures (more than 5 million unique structures) and bioactivity data (more than 190 bioassays) in three searchable databases.
- PubMED (Open Access) Major index of articles from the Medline database. Subject coverage: medicine, nursing and allied health, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the preclinical sciences, health administration, public health and bioengineering. Produced by the US National Library of Medicine. Includes linked full text.
- Research Library (ProQuest)ProQuest Research Library provides one-stop access to more than 4,000 periodicals from one of the broadest, most inclusive general reference databases ProQuest has to offer. Search from a highly-respected, diversified mix of scholarly journals, trade publications, and magazines covering over 150 academic disciplines.
- Royal Society of Chemical journalsFull text journals published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Sage journalsFull text journals published by Sage Publications. Strong coverage of social sciences, humanities and health sciences. Also covers life and biomedical sciences, materials science and engineering.
- Sage knowledgeEbook database of books published by Sage Publications. Subject coverage includes: social sciences and education, aged care and gerontology, anthropology, communication and media studies, criminology and criminal justice, economics, education, gender and sexuality studies, history, politics, psychology, social issues, social work and social policy, sociology, geography, earth and environmental sciences.
- Science database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage includes: general and applied science, materials science, engineering, computing, physics and astronomy, chemistry, biology, earth sciences, telecommunications and transportation.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier)Full text journals and ebooks published by Elsevier. Subject coverage: life and health sciences, nursing, physical sciences and engineering, computer science, social sciences and humanities, psychology, business and management.Note: Accessible titles need to have a symbol of green key/ green notes.
- ScopusLeading database of peer-reviewed literature in life sciences, physical sciences, health sciences, social sciences and humanities. Features include citation analysis of authors, journals, institutions and subject areas. Includes content from the databases Compendex (engineering), Embase (biomedicine and pharmacology) and 100% Medline coverage. Includes linked full text.
- Springer linkFull text journals and ebooks published by Springer. Subject coverage: life sciences, chemistry, physics and astronomy, engineering, environmental and geosciences, computing, mathematics, medicine and economics.
Swinburne Commons (Open Access)Swinburne Commons is a database of digital media produced at Swinburne, primarily video and audio. It includes teaching and research material created by the Swinburne community, graduation videos, archival material and TV recordings. Open access resources are also available via iTunes U and YouTube.
Swinburne Research Bank (Open Access)Swinburne Research Bank is an open access database of publications authored by Swinburne researchers. Includes journal articles, conference papers, book chapters, reports, working papers, higher-degree theses and more.
- Taylor & Francis ebooksEbook database. Includes all titles formerly included in CRCnetBASE. Subject coverage: engineering and technology, mathematics and statistics, chemistry, food science, computer science and information technology, physical, life, earth, environmental and health sciences, nursing and behavioural sciences.
- Taylor & Francis Online Full text journals published by Taylor & Francis, Routledge, Psychology Press and Informa Healthcare. Subject coverage includes arts and humanities, psychology, social sciences, business and economics, health sciences, and all science disciplines.
- Telecommunications database (ProQuest)Full text database. Subject coverage: telecommunications, computer applications, information science and theory, radio and television, wireless communications.
- Wiley online libraryProvides full text access to journals, reference works, books, and databases published by Wiley in all the science disciplines.
- World scientificWorld Scientific Publishing is a leading independent publisher of academic and professional books.